Sunday, October 17, 2010

Saturday at the Park




We've been doing quite well at our Friday nights out. Last week we were at the temple and did the park there. I thought we might coordinate with friends, but we didn't. We still had a very nice trip. This Friday we were doing the parade. On Saturday night James was at scout training so I took the kids and one of Katherine's friends to a park 30-40 min. away that the friend's family had told us about. I'd never been to it, but we found it and it was beautiful! I wish we had gotten there sooner. We still had a great time. There was a river with great rocks for climbing, a nice play structure, bathroom facilities, picnic tables, and wide open spaces to run -- everything we could hope for. We stayed until we were asked to leave because the park was closing. (It was dark!) Then we came home, baked up some cookies, and danced. We love the Hokey Pokey, the Macarena, the Bunny Hop, YMCA, the Twist, etc. We are learning Oh, Johnny Oh, but we didn't try it yesterday.

No comments: