Monday, October 4, 2010

Entertainment

Today I watched a little boy that did something almost unheard of in this house -- he played with toys! He even played with them BY HIMSELF! And then guess what happened?!? He looked at a book BY HIMSELF even though he isn't old enough to read! This led to me threatening my children (Matthew mostly) that he would go without lunch until he could pull off a similar feat for 5 minutes. Well that nearly killed both of us. I've kept toys around this house for years in hopes of the next child, or maybe our grandchildren, or at least the neighbors playing with them.


There are times, however, that the kids do a great job of entertaining themselves. One of them is when Katherine dresses them up and takes their pictures. The little ones enjoy the attention and Katherine enjoys the process. This time she even masking taped a sheet to her wall for a nice backdrop. Here are some of the "proofs"-- all taken by Katherine.


Can you tell she's learned about the Rule of Thirds? I think she takes great pictures and can often capture different expressions on the kids that I do.



Isn't this a great one of Matthew? I love it!


And Sarah is such a beautiful model. I love how Katherine was able to capture some of Sarah's beautiful 'natural' smile. That has been hard to come by in photos lately.




After trying on this dress, Sarah thinks she'll be Dorothy for Halloween.
We'll have to see if that idea lasts!

No comments: