Since Halloween is on a Sunday, we tried to attend other functions so that the kids would feel like they'd done Halloween and not miss the actual Trick-or-Treating which we've chosen not to do.
We went to Treatsylvania (a Trick-or-Treating opportunity at the farm) that we hadn't done since the first year we moved to Fort Collins. It is geared toward really little kids. Katherine was too old to Trick-or-Treat, and Michael thought it was a little lame until I encouraged him to just enjoy the free candy idea. Then he was happy. We got to go on a hayride there as well.
Unfortunately Katherine got cut out of the picture. It was raining, dark, and the batteries had enough charge to take a picture if I took it immediately upon turning on the camera, and then it'd die. If I waited 2 seconds to see what I was taking a picture of it was too late.
Considering the obstacles, we did pretty well. Sorry, Katherine!
Those are both huge rewards for these two :)
Our good friends the Hansens invited us to go Trick-or-Treating on campus with them. Different rooms of the student center were decorated as different board games. The folks on campus had gone all out decorating and often had a little activity you did in the room that went along with their theme. It was a lot of fun for the kids. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, but Jennifer took a picture of all the kids together. Hopefully I'll get a copy from her.
When you combine those events with all of the kids' school parties and the ward party, we've done it! It's been a great Halloween, we've had more than enough candy with oodles to spare, and we've dressed everyone in costumes enough times. Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment