
I always get delayed on blogging when the 'big' events of life happen. They are the events that I hope are properly scrapbooked and recorded, but they seldom get there quickly enough to keep a blog up to date. But after an inspiring Relief Society meeting (a.k.a. enrichment night, homemaking, etc!) I do want a record to look back on of the family and a place to start when trying to compile a more permanent record. So here's to catching up.
We had a wonderful Cousin's Camp that started on the 4th of July. We had inspirational times, educational times, and fun times. It was great to be together and watch relationships grow. Sometimes I feel isolated from family here and yearn for more of the support system that comes from having extended family involved in our lives. My kids are getting old enough, and friends and activities can be fickle enough, that I really hoped that this summer we could cultivate extended family relations with them. I want them to know that even if the current friend scene is hard or things in our neck of the woods seem bleak that there are people who are eternally sealed to them and invested in them as individuals -- who love them and are pulling for them. Between visits from both sets of grandparents and two sets of aunts and uncles and cousins, I think they started to really feel that they are part of something bigger than them. And our family is bigger than just us.
The official recording of these days has begun, but for now a collage will have to suffice to jar our memories of the great times we had.
No comments:
Post a Comment