Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Corn

I took the two youngest kids to pick corn at the church farm. I would have loved to have taken the whole family, but the week the corn was ripe we were very busy. My trip to the farm with the littlest ones helped solidify my favorite part of school starting, and that's the time I get to spend with just them. I love all of my kids, but it seems like when we're all home the little ones are easily swept aside while we do bigger kid things. I love focusing on my little ones -- and have loved it when each one of the kids was one of the little ones. They are such fun ages and the time goes so fast. I hope I've learned to cherish it enough.

We had a truly delightful time picking corn. I knew if I was going to be successful I'd need to go at their pace, and I did. We had a great morning and then James and the older kids helped process the corn that night. We hopefully have a 'year's supply' of corn in the freezer.





Part way through picking, I played hide and seek with the kids. Joanna and I hid first and hid in a relatively easy spot so the Matthew wouldn't get too scared wandering the corn field by himself. Then it was his turn to hide. He was wearing his camoflage jacket and was really quite difficult to find. Matthew's always been a very patient, good hider. I was grateful I hadn't counted too long and had a good idea of where to look for him. Can you see him?


How about now?

No comments: