Monday, February 4, 2013

Back to Blogging

Well, I've missed blogging -- so at least for now, I'm back.  My favorite part of blogging is the chance it gives me to focus on the little parts of each day and find the good in them.  I know the challenges that come from reading too many blogs that make family life seem too happy.  It can be down right depressing!  So on the one hand I want to write things that are "real".  On the other hand, it does me a lot of good personally to paint our lives with a happy glow.  It helps me recognize and acknowledge our blessings.  So we'll see what happens.  But if I manage to write with a rosy glow, don't worry.  You can know that there is plenty of real life that happens here every day.

Saturday James was cross-country skiing with his scouts and I took the kids out for beautiful walk (and to snap a few pictures).  It was great to spend time with my kids, get some exercise, and enjoy the beautiful, mild winter day.  It is often hard to overcome inertia and get everyone out of the house, but it is so worth it!


No comments: