Monday, April 5, 2010
April Fool's Day
So in theory April Fool's Day should be fun -- right? In reality I'm not much of a fan of the holiday ~ especially when it starts at 4:30 a.m.! We have not been having the best nights around here. Between random vomiting, diarrhea, teething pain, Urgent care related pain, coughing, and other 'normal' interferences caused by having 5 children, it's been a while since I've had good, reliable sleep. So at 4:30 a.m. on April 1st when I woke to odd noises, I got up -- again -- to see what was going on. Well, imagine my surprise when I discovered Katherine and Sarah tip-toeing up the stairs. Half asleep and half dazed I asked, "What is going on?" To which I got an answer quite like, "Duh!" except I don't really remember what they said. Katherine was sure it should be obvious that they were preparing for April Fool's Day. They had gotten up and were putting an elastic on the kitchen sink sprayer, removing light bulbs, putting a headband with ears on Michael and other things -- ultimately going back to sleep in each other's beds. Well it was a downer day for me in general that day. Nothing too bad, just one I didn't really want to face so I didn't take all their pranks in stride like I wish I had. (I did way better than I could have, but I definitely wasn't the 'fun mom'.) So by evening I tried to make it up to the kids by serving them cupcakes for dinner -- the old meatloaf and mashed potato variety. Maybe next year I'll pull off the fun mom I wish I was more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment