Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving


We had a really nice Thanksgiving yesterday. This year we didn't have any family coming to visit (which we often do), but we decided that we still wanted to have people over and host Thanksgiving at our home. So we invited over some of our friends to share Thanksgiving with us. The older kids had a great time with their friends and the two littlest were held so much and received so much attention that it's a hard act to follow today. I am so grateful that the kids had such a nice Thanksgiving. It helped all of us enjoy the day. After the meal James led a large group in the game Cat and Mouse. Then we had dessert followed by a 'concert'. The children who play piano all take from teachers who have a recital together once a month. So all of the kids who wanted to took turns playing their pieces. Katherine and I played a Ukranian Bell Carol duet. Kelly and Loren played a piano and guitar duet. And Sean played a solo. Then Chow-pai, who has a PhD in music (in addition to several other degrees) and plays harp and piano, played several christmas pieces on the piano and we sang along with some of them. It was a fun part of the day too. Mostly, we had lots of good food and good visiting. I'm so thankful the day went well in addition to all else there is to be grateful for.

2 comments:

angie said...

Hi Carol! Wow! I did not know you had FIVE! busy, busy! I love seeing pictures of your cute family. I have a 4th grader, 2nd grader, and a 2yr.-old also. But my oldest is almost 13! love to you!

momentsthattakeyourbreathaway said...

It's fun to see the whole family and to see familiar faces.

Thanks for taking the time to post the picture...

Ammon and fam