Friday, November 28, 2008

James's Birthday


It's been a while since I posted so I thought I'd do a couple of quick posts to catch up. First was James's Birthday. James had a quick business trip that took him out of town until 1:30 a.m. on the day of his birthday. It was great to have him back even though he was only gone a couple of days. I am so grateful to have James as my husband and friend and partner. During our early married life we spent almost every hour together. We studied in the same study rooms and computer labs. We even worked several of the same jobs including cutting beef and walking sidewalks (yes we got paid for that!) I love him and loved getting to work so closely with him in so many aspects of life. I wondered if we would still feel as close once we graduated from school and started having children. As time has gone on and our roles have divided more, we don't get to spend nearly as much time together, but I feel like we are even stronger as a team and work together even better. I'm so grateful to get to be 'yoked' with such a fine man. I couldn't ask for anything better.

One of the 'fun' gifts James got for his birthday was all of the fixings for banana splits including banana split dishes. Banana splits are one of his favorite treats. I also have a tradition of making a many-course meal for his birthday that we serve on our China and have folded cloth napkins and multiple forks and the works. The meal usually includes seafood since I don't really like it or serve it much. I enjoy making a fancy meal that is so appreciated. It is a fun thing we all look forward to. After this much food, it's good that he chose to use the money from our parents to buy a Craigslist Treadmill to help us get in shape :)

No comments: