Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dr. Seuss's Birthday

We had a little Dr. Seuss celebration today. We started the day with green eggs and ham for breakfast. We all got a kick out of it when Joanna immediately proclaimed, "I don't like green eggs and ham." When she was asked to try them, she said, "I don't want to!" But . . . she finally tried them, had seconds, and then declared, "I like them!" It was kind of a deja vu moment for all of us! :) Dr. Seuss must have had a two year old when he wrote that book!

Matthew got a mouse Webkinz for his birthday and brought it to the table. So the others pointed out that he ate his green eggs and ham in a house with a mouse. It was fun to have the kids all connecting over this book.





Then we had "Schlopp, Schlopp beautiful Schlopp; beautiful Schlopp with a cherry on top!" for dinner (from Oh the Thinks You Can Think). I love celebrating little holidays where there isn't a lot of expectation, but we can bond over our own little traditions. Note we even have Schlopp dishes. Yes, they were purchased last year just for this purpose! Now you'll need to go read the book and check out Schlopp for yourself!




No comments: