Last Sunday at church we discussed President Uchtdorf''s general conference address entitled "Of Things That Matter Most". It has been on my mind since then. I decided yesterday to take pictures of some of the moments and people that matter most to me.
Watching my children interact in Christ-like ways with each other are some of life's best moments!

Forcing myself to get down on the floor and play Little People with my favorite "little people" reminds me of simpler times, helps me feel more like I'm a good mom, and gives me the sense that I'm more balanced and I'm acting on life instead of letting life act on me.

Having a loving husband and father who will take the time to enjoy the little moments with the children whenever and however they present themselves (even if it means singing Old MacDonald in the bathroom) makes home feel like heaven on earth.

Having a son request to be rocked and sung to sleep -- before bedtime -- could have been a quick "no" in the busy-ness of the evening, but I'm so glad I was in the frame of mind to say "yes" and treasure this moment.

Finding ways to connect with each kid individually is one of those things that matters most to me. I love spending time with them one on one reading, walking, playing the piano, or just talking. My husband and kids truly are some of my best friends and favorite people to hang out with.
(This picture was from a couple of weeks ago courtesy of Katherine.)Watching the world through the eyes of my children reminds me of the optimism they have for the future, the joy that can be found in simple living, and the thrill they experince as they learn new things. It makes me want to protect them from the "harsh realities of life" and share in their childlike faith for as long as I can.
3 comments:
Thank you, I needed this today. I'm off to look up that talk if I can read it through tears.
Such a very wonderful thing! So glad that you have all those thoughts and pictures to keep.
I am inspired by your blog. Great personal reflection of what really matters.
Post a Comment