Monday, February 22, 2010

Sarah's book


Sarah wrote a book a few days ago. I love it when my kids write -- I love seeing the world through their eyes; I love seeing words (and spelling) through their ears; I love seeing what they notice. My favorite part of Sarah's books are always the covers. One of her last books she put a listing of 'Levels' on the back of her book and what they stood for:

Level
1 Kids began reading
2 Kids can read with help
3 Kids can read a lone
She had an arrow pointing to Level 1. Then on the front cover up in the corner -- right where it goes -- she listed her book as Level 1.

This most recent book is called The Cat Who Had No Fur. On the back of the pages stapled together it says, "Cherry Pie has no fur! Will she ever get fur?" She came to me after she wrote it and said, "You know Mom how books always have questions on the back of them? Well mine does too." It took me reading it to figure out what she meant, but I realized she is absolutely right!


No comments: