Sunday, February 28, 2010

Matthew turns 4!

Katherine's addition to Matthew's Birthday -- a blue bow-tie.
James thinks he's ready for a wedding -- in the '70s.

Today was Matthew's Birthday! My camera was about out of batteries so most of our pictures are on Katherine's camera and haven't been downloaded, but here are a couple. Matthew has a gift for loving others and helping them feel loved. He has an endearing sweetness to him. He was thrown in over his head a little bit with his Speech/Preschool option offered by the school district this year, but he has come through like a champ! He loves it and they love him.


Matthew loves the color orange. He wanted an Orange cake for his birthday. He got a lemon cake that I added red food coloring to to make orange. Then I poured orange jell-o in it. If I'd gotten the Cool-Whip defrosted in time I would have tinted it too, but it didn't happen.

He hates having a runny-nose and he's had a horrible one all week (that turned into an ear infection and antibiotics). But if there's even a drip he hollers, "I have a nose problem!" and expects the world to respond. (He'll often get his own tissue, but it never goes unwiped.)

1 comment:

Jill Campbell said...

I didn't know Matthew and I shared a birthday! Cool, cool. Isn't it funny how particular they can be about specific things, like drippy noses? Megan can't stand having things under her fingernails, and if the offending gunk (or food or play-dough) isn't removed immediately, panic ensues. Happy Birthday, Matthew!