Today was Sarah's 5th birthday. She was feeling a little under the weather, but we still had a happy day. James took her and the older kids to High School Musical 3 and we had a cake and decorations that went along with that theme. (Thanks Miriam for the ideas.) She has loved all of the birthday cards/e-mails she got. We've viewed each one at least 10 times. She also was happier with her gifts than I thought she'd be -- Whew! (I was worried because about a week ago we got a big Toys 'R Us Catalog in the mail and she had circled everything she wanted in it. And she was really worried that I'd forget to take the catalog with me shopping. She has been reviewing her choices every day. And guess what?!? She didn't get even one of the 15 doll houses she had circled or the motorized car. But she was happy with what she did get.)
I can't believe my Sarah is 5. She is a great girl who is smart as a whip. The kids have introduced her to one of those obnoxious 2nd grade games where you try to get someone to say "What" and then they are "It." Well Sarah plays this game non-stop and has mastered it. She is always tuned in to anyone who lets that word slip out in conversation, and she is always careful not to say it. In addition to that, she is a great big sister for Matthew and is reading really quite well. We love her so much and are glad to have her in our family.
1 comment:
Hi Carol, this is Stephanie (Meikle) Austin. I found your blog through Miriam's who I found through my sister Holly's. I can't believe you have 5 kids, how lucky you are! They are all beautiful, and you don't look any older than you did in high school. It's so fun reading about your family, thought I better say "hi"
Post a Comment