Sunday, February 27, 2011

Face Painting

One of my biggest pet peeves when Katherine was little was getting her home dirty from a playdate. We had some neighbors that every time she'd come home after slipping down for a little while she'd come home with paint on her clothes from painting pictures, or fingernail polish, or or make up on her face. She was 3 or 4 at the time and I wished that I didn't have to plan time to recover from the playdate before I could go shopping. Well of all crazy things, I have encouraged Katherine's desire to learn to face paint. So now her friends can go home from hanging out at our house (and having tons of fun together) looking like this! (Sorry friends' parents!!)





And Katherine can be a great baby sitter. The only draw back is afterwards my kids look like this!










They are happy and beautiful aren't they! Yes, James and I did end up walking the mall with them after this great afternoon. It is surely one of those times that I'm eating my parenting words, "My kids will never . . . " and "I will never . . ." and we try to appreciate their talents and fun times together instead. And Katherine really does do a pretty great job of face painting by now!

No comments: