Sunday, February 27, 2011

Valentine's Day

We had a happy Valentine's time. We set up mailboxes early in February at home for sending letters to each other. If you send a letter you can put 2 conversation hearts in it -- and eat one yourself for the effort. That doesn't work as well with older kids who can write well and work the system -- 5 kids go through a lot of candy quickly! But it was still fun, and I tried to have special treats and notes in them from time to time. Sarah is at a great age and out did herself writing sweet letters to people.
Katherine got up early on Valentine's Day itself and even let Joanna and the others who woke up help make James and I breakfast in bed. We aren't looking our best, but I want to remember Katherine's and the other kids' kindness that day. She even made heart pancakes for us.
Sarah had asked for heart hair for school that day. It was a hit. I love it when my kids are happy!

No comments: