Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Field Day!

The end of May was crazy, and now I have very little blog time, but I'd like to catch up and then keep up. The kids had a great field day this year. The last couple years the weather hasn't cooperated. This year the days were perfect -- not too hot and not too cold. There was a change this year too -- the older grades helped the younger grades.

During the year the kids either have or are a Book Buddy. This is where they pair an older class kid by kid with a younger class and they read books together from time to time. Somehow my kids (Michael and Sarah) became Book Buddies this year. I was a little worried how that would go, but it seemed to go just great. For field day, the Kindergarteners got to do field day with their Book Buddies helping them out. When I got to the school part way through field day and learned this, I was a little concerned how it might be going. But my kids were doing so well and so well together! It was actually delightful to watch them. Sometimes there are little moments that make it all worth it.







Katherine had her field day later in the afternoon and had a good time. Then she got to help with the first and second graders the next morning. She and one of her best friends worked one station together. I heard from another mom that she was so good with the kids. Not only explaining the station but hyping them up and cheering them on in cute fun ways. I can believe it -- she's great with kids especially if she'll let herself go and do the fun things she dreams up. She'll be such a great babysitter and mom.

No comments: