The kids' school makes a big deal out of the 100th day of school -- especially in K-2 grades. They do crafts and activities and things that all focus on 100. One of the highlights is the parade they do through the different classrooms to see each child's 100 things from home. Every kids is supposed to bring 100 things from home. Some bring a jar with 100 jelly beans in it and others build something with 100 Legos or Kinex. Well this year it kind of snuck up on me and I didn't realize it was that day until two nights before. We usually don't do anything until the day before so it wasn't a big deal, but I had been trying to sew costumes for Katherine's musical and wasn't sure I wanted another project. Well, Michael has been studying birds in school and when Michael does something he does it 100%. So he is bird crazy right now. He even bought himself a Blue Jay Webkinz as his first and only Webkinz since that is what he is doing his individual report on (and because it is our favorite bird to find when we go camping.) Anyway at 4:00 on the day before the 100th day I asked him what he had in mind to do. Well, he wanted to make a 3-D Blue Jay by pasting 100 printouts of Blue Jays on it. I thought that sounded impossible, but it soon became apparent that he wasn't going to take no for an answer unless we at least tried it. In the end, we succeeded (more or less) in making a bird out of 100 birds. . . . the things we do to keep our kids happy.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
The 100th Day of School
The kids' school makes a big deal out of the 100th day of school -- especially in K-2 grades. They do crafts and activities and things that all focus on 100. One of the highlights is the parade they do through the different classrooms to see each child's 100 things from home. Every kids is supposed to bring 100 things from home. Some bring a jar with 100 jelly beans in it and others build something with 100 Legos or Kinex. Well this year it kind of snuck up on me and I didn't realize it was that day until two nights before. We usually don't do anything until the day before so it wasn't a big deal, but I had been trying to sew costumes for Katherine's musical and wasn't sure I wanted another project. Well, Michael has been studying birds in school and when Michael does something he does it 100%. So he is bird crazy right now. He even bought himself a Blue Jay Webkinz as his first and only Webkinz since that is what he is doing his individual report on (and because it is our favorite bird to find when we go camping.) Anyway at 4:00 on the day before the 100th day I asked him what he had in mind to do. Well, he wanted to make a 3-D Blue Jay by pasting 100 printouts of Blue Jays on it. I thought that sounded impossible, but it soon became apparent that he wasn't going to take no for an answer unless we at least tried it. In the end, we succeeded (more or less) in making a bird out of 100 birds. . . . the things we do to keep our kids happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment