I won't comment on how far behind I am, but I thought I'd post tonight's activity so maybe I'll remember it and use it again sometime.
We were at that point on Sunday evening that everyone was getting on everyone else's nerves and we had an hour or two yet to kill. So I came up with Night by the Numbers where we worked from 1 up to 16 doing different activities related to each number.
1 - Opening Song (Praise to the Man that we've been working on as a family.)
2 - Things that each of us talked about or learned in church
3 - I thought we'd remember 3 scriptures we've memorized in the past, but we'd been serious enough for long enough and we had a need! I ended up sending the kids for 3 things we needed to change a dirty diaper. They were puzzled at first, but ended up figuring it out: Diaper, Wipes, and Joanna!
4 - Trips each up and down the stairs
5 - Songs with the number 5 in them (sing them all).
6 - People you are related to and how you are related. (We started with Matthew's six -- no repeats!)
7 - Things picked up and put away from any room on the house
8 - Current Apostles
9 - Laps each around the Main Floor
10 - Push-ups each
11 - Skittles
12 - People from the scriptures and what they did. We knew lots of names and lots of stories, but had a hard time getting the right name with the right story sometimes!
13 - Recite the 13th Article of Faith
14 - Hands playing Parlez Vous Francais? A fun cup game that the kids did great learning!
15 - Sit-ups each
16 - Modern Day Prophets
We did great! By the time we got there, it was time for jammies a little ice cream and bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment