Saturday, July 18, 2009

More Traditions!

I didn't realize until we went on the hike -- and looked back at the pictures -- all of the traditions we have associated with this hike. The kids now look forward to finding the rock that we call the Mouth of Truth. (We love the movie Roman Holiday!) In 2007 we found this rock that had the rocks on top that look like eyes. We took this picture then.


Now the kids look for this rock and add the 'eyes' themselves and recreate the moment. Each of the 3 oldest needed their own turn with their hand in the Mouth of Truth.



This is also the only time all year that we get 'Squeeze Cheeze' with crackers to eat on the trail.



And the kids try to get a good picture of just James and I. This year it had to be zoomed in this close to keep the other kids out of the picture :)

I think I prefer this picture with just Joanna in it.


The biggest tradition is lots of fun and lots of pictures!



They say family traditions are important. As I watch the kids recreate these memories every year with enthusiasm, I understand more and more how unifying good traditions are.

No comments: