Wednesday, June 24, 2009
We Miss Katherine!
Yesterday Katherine traveled with some friends of ours to UT to spend a week with my parents. We are all excited for her and hope she has a great week. I knew we'd miss her, but I didn't realize how quickly or how much her absence would be noticed. I was surprised when by lunchtime Michael was wanting to call her and commiserate with her about how hard it is to be the oldest! I hadn't even asked him to do anything yet. (We couldn't call then because she wasn't even there yet.) When she did get there (after mistakenly ending up in 4 states instead of 3 -- another story) she talked to each of the kids. Then after Michael's baseball game was over before he had even eaten his post-game snack he was asking to call her and tell her about the game. I told him it would have to wait. But about an hour later Katherine called and wanted to talk to all of the kids again before bed. It is kind of sweet and kind of ironic. I wish they remembered how much they love each other when we were all together. But I am glad to see it now. Katherine is a great big-sister. We are so fortunate to have her in our family. When we were talking about her going on this trip, I told her it was her chance to get to be an only child for a while. She said, "But I don't want to be an only child!" And that really is true. She loves having someone with her and does a great job with the younger kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment