While I am still remembering our fun time at the Drive-In I thought I'd do a quick post so that we will always remember that we went! It always sounds like a fun idea to go to the Drive-In, but in reality it makes for a very late night and trying to get 5 kids and 2 adults situated in and around a car so everyone is comfortable and see for 2 hours straight can be a bit of a trick!
Well, when we discovered that UP was playing we knew it was our moment! We grabbed goodies, foam pads, camping chairs, and anything else we thought we might need and headed out. We got there fairly early and played some games while we waited.
We ended up in a great spot and thoroughly loved our time. So much so that we braved the second movie -- Star Trek. James has been hoping to see it and couldn't pass up this great opportunity. So we put the kids to 'bed' in various locations and stayed for the second showing. It didn't go quite as well as we could have hoped, but good enough -- and it was a great adventure.
An exciting night was made even more exciting when (after going to bed at 1:15 a.m.) I got up at 3:00 a.m. to feed the baby and noticed a light hitting our blinds periodically. I finally decided to look outside and see what it was to keep my mind from concocting anything too scary. When I peeked out I discovered a man standing in the field behind our home shining a flashlight all over our back yard and the back of our house! Being a little concerned, I awakened James. He helped me realize that it was a police officer. There was a second one further back in the field sweeping it with a flashlight. We still don't know what they were looking for. So much for easing my concerns by looking out the window . . . Needless to say, we didn't get a whole lot of sleep that night!
1 comment:
Hey! Hi guys! Katherine gave me your blog address. I hope that we can go see UP on Jeffrey's birthday that is comming up on Tuesday! It looks really good and several people liked it that I know. I wish you guys were here! And you would be surprised on how much I LOVE blogs. I hope you don't mind if I comment on several things on your blog. Did you ever find out what the police was up to?
~Mara
Post a Comment