Thursday, December 18, 2008

Katherine's Birthday!


Katherine turned 10 on December 10. I can't believe that I have a child that is in the double-digits! She has grown up so much this year. She is so talented and smart and kind that it is exciting to watch her grow up and see who she is becoming and what she is becoming capable of. She recently wrote a 'book' for school that is 10 type written pages (single spaced.) She is a great author. She also just passed a typing test at 24 wpm. That's great since it'll help her keep up with her writing. She started taking piano from someone that isn't me this year in June and is progressing so rapidly that we are all amazed. This year her birthday was kind of low key and stretched into the visit from Grandma and Grandpa when we watched Prince Caspian together, but we had a nice family celebration on the day of and hope she had a happy time.



She was so cute to have Matthew help her open all of her presents on her lap. There are great times in family life.



One kind of crazy thing about my kids is that for Sarah's birthday I made a Jell-O cake in hopes that they would eat some of it. I knew that they wouldn't touch a regular cake. They hardly touched the Jell-O cake. For Katherine's birthday she requested a homemade Carrot Cake. I made that and the kids gobbled it up! No Jell-O here, just carrots!

No comments: