I do want to make sure I post about Joanna's blessing. James's parents were able to come for a visit this last weekend so we blessed Joanna on Sunday, Dec. 14. We had a great time having grandparents here. We enjoyed playing games together, singing around the piano, watching movies, shopping, eating, and mostly just spending time together. It was so nice to have extra hands and people to help with the children -- especially holding baby Joanna -- and the kids loved the extra love and attention they received. We don't realize how much we miss being near family until we get a taste of it and then it's hard to see them go. Fortunately we get to go their direction right after Christmas.
James gave Joanna a beautiful blessing. We are so fortunate to have the priesthood in our family and lives. We are also fortunate to be surrounded by so many wonderful people who help take the place of family here. There were more people that we wanted to include in the circle than we could, but it helped us realize how Joanna literally - and all of us figuratively - are surrounded here by people who love us and care about us. It's a true blessing.
Since my folks are on a mission in Malaysia they were unable to be here. They were also unable to find the dress that the other girls were blessed in that we keep at their home. (It is the dress my grandma made and I was blessed in it as well as both of my girls.) My parent's wonderful neighbor went in their home and looked and looked for it, but was unable to find it. So in the end I decided to sew a blessing dress for Joanna. It made things a little more crazy around here, but it meant a lot to me to be able to do it. I love how it turned out.
No comments:
Post a Comment