Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Olympic Flag Craft

Yesterday morning when Joanna was napping and the older kids were at school, I helped Sarah and Matthew make a tissue paper Olympic Flag. I'm not great with tutorials, but I did take a couple of pictures along the way. To make the flags, start with a large piece of white construction paper (12" x 18"). Then use a roll of duct tape or masking tape that still has quite a lot on the roll to trace the Olympic 'rings.' Note that the top three do not overlap each other and the bottom two do not overlap each other. But the bottom rings overlap the top rings.

Then cut tissue paper in the five Olympic colors into 1 1/2" squares. I was able to purchase a pack of multi-colored tissue paper at the Dollar Store. I then got black at Target for $1 also.


Then squirt some Elmer's Glue into a bowl. Help the kids wrap a square of tissue paper around the base of a pencil and dip it in the glue and place it in the right ring of your Olympic rings. Keep going until all of your rings are filled.

My kids loved doing this project and are so proud of their accomplishment.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Carol, I was just looking back over all your Olympic activities. I think they are great ideas! What a fun mom you are!