Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chinese New Year

I'm way behind posting, and we've been having some fun exciting times, so I'm going to try to catch up. We waited until James got home from Morocco and Joanna quit throwing up to celebrate Chinese New Year. I made Tiny Spicy Chicken, Broccoli and Beef, Vegetable Stir Fry, and Fried Rice. We also made our traditional fortune cookies. James and Sarah were in charge of writing fortunes. James went with 'ancient' Chinese wisdom. He is quite the deep thinker. Here is a sampling:

Your friendship is a magnet drawing good people to you.
A grasshopper sometimes jumps for the pure joy of it.
No problem is without a solution for a creative mind and a wanting heart.
A fool in a circular room looks for happiness around the next corner.

We were supposed to submit recipes for a Stake Cookbook including pictures. This is one I submitted. It is a recipe I've loved having!
Making fortune cookies together.




1 comment:

Miriam said...

No fair posting a picture of food that looks that good without the recipe! Anti-up!