There has been a lot of sickness at the kids' school. Michael quit getting Math homework last week because there were so many students missing from his grade that the teachers decided it was pointless to keep teaching the Math curriculum. Matthew's teacher ended up with pneumonia last week. One of Michael's friends has been hospitalized at the Children's Hospital with the flu because it combined poorly with his asthma. And the list goes on. I've felt very fortunate that the worst we've had so far are a couple of yucky noses.
Unfortunately, last night Matthew was running a fever and seemed uncomfortable right before bedtime so I gave him some Ibuprofen and put him to bed. Instead of falling asleep, though, he laid there for quite a while (and possibly dozed) and then perked right up. He proceeded to keep us company -- fever free -- until 11:00 (Aaaargh!). I was hoping, though, that his perkiness meant that his fever had been a fluke and that he wasn't really getting sick. But today the fever is back. He doesn't seem too bad, but I'm afraid this is just the beginning of a LONG winter.
I guess we should have gotten flu shots earlier.
No comments:
Post a Comment